Wednesday, August 8, 2012

R and R - It's Not What You Think

Rock and Roll - No
Rest and Relaxation - No
Rules and Regulations - No

Readers and Recommendations - YES

Our friend and faithful living2read blog reader Kate has sent in the following recommendations:
I just finished A Dead Hand, a novel by Paul Theroux.  It was a good, creepy little puzzler. 

I also read The Northern Clemency, by Philip Henschler. It was on the short list for [the] Booker Prize. It was a novel about two families in Sheffield, England in the 70s, 80s and 90s.  I liked it a lot; the writing was vivid and witty, the characters were complex, and since it was so long, it made for a very absorbing read.  The length worked against it a bit simply because such a long book is a commitment.  I also wish I knew more about the region and what a Sheffield accent sounds like.

I don't know what comes next in my reading list, I may pick up a good suggestion from your blog.


Thanks, Kate.

If any other readers of this blog would like to submit a recommendation with comments that we can post, please send  your text to us in care of dorothea@living2read.com and we'll take it from there.




No comments:

Post a Comment